Twenty-one judgments are recorded in the book of Revelation during the period of the great tribulation that is to come upon the whole Earth. They are revealed in three series of sevens described as seals, trumpets, and bowls. They are:
The Seal Judgments
This is the beginning of God’s holy wrath and judgment against all those who do not know God and do not obey the Gospel. They include:
- The first seal, a great conqueror is sent to conquer the world (Revelation 6:1-2).
- The second seal, peace is taken from the earth (Revelation 6:3-4).
- The third seal, a great scarcity of food and the worst economy (Revelation 6:5-6).
- The fourth seal a fourth of the earth is killed by the sword and famine (Revelation 6:7-8).
- The fifth seal reveals the worst martyrdom (Revelation 6:9-11).
- The sixth seal, cosmic disturbances, an earthquake so great; the sun becomes black, the moon like blood, the stars fall to earth, the sky recedes like a scroll, every mountain and island moved out of its place. Men try to hide from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! (Revelation 6:12-17)
- Fire from heaven, peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and more earthquakes (Revelation 8:5)
The Trumpet Judgments
Trumpets from heaven sound the alarm announcing to the world God’s second round of judgments:
- The first trumpet, Hail, and fire, mixed with blood fall from the sky destroying the vegetation (Revelation 8:7).
- The second trumpet, a third of the sea becomes blood (Revelation 8:8-9).
- The third trumpet, a third of all the fresh water becomes bitter and many die from it (Revelation 8:10-11).
- The fourth trumpet, a third of the sun, the moon, and a third of the stars are darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night. (Revelation 8:12-13).
- The fifth trumpet, locusts, and scorpions have the power and authority to kill, and torment men for five months. Men will seek death not find it. (Revelation 9:1-6).
- The sixth trumpet reveals the world’s largest and most devastating army (200,000,000) kills with fire and brimstone (Revelation 9:16-17).
- The seventh trumpet, another great earthquake (Revelation 11:13)
The Bowl Judgments
God’s third and final judgments on the earth are the bowl judgments:
- The first bowl of God’s wrath foul and loathsome sore come on the men who had the mark of the beast (Revelation 16:2).
- The second bowl the sea becomes blood (Revelation 16:3-7).
- The third bowl all the fresh water becomes blood (Revelation 16:3-7).
- The fourth bowl men are scorched by the heat of the sun (Revelation 16:8-9).
- The fifth bowl, the kingdom of the beast becomes filled with darkness and pain (Revelation 16:10-11).
- The sixth bowl, the war to end all wars, the whole world is plunged into the war of Armageddon (Revelation 16:12).
- The seventh bowl brings the greatest earthquake of all and sends hailstones from heaven that fall upon men (Revelation 16:18-20).
“Is it cruel to tell a man the truth? Is it cruel to arouse sleeping people whose house on fire? Is it cruel to jerk a blind man away from a rattlesnake? Is it cruel to declare to people the deadliness of their disease and to tell them which medicine to take? I had rather be called cruel for being kind than to be called kind for being cruel.” Dr. Robert G. Lee
You are either a child of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, or you are a child of the world, the flesh, and the devil. There’s no third option!
The twenty-one judgments reveal God’s holy wrath which is to come upon the whole Earth: The war to end all wars, ecological catastrophes, and what sounds like thermal nuclear warfare. Revelation 14:20 says, “And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.” Some calculate this river of blood to be over two hundred miles long. Interestingly, the current length of the state of Israel is 270 miles long and 85 miles wide! The word of God says that the LAST WAR OF THE WORLD WILL BE FOUGHT OVER ISRAEL!
Even the church will be judged:
1 Cor. 3:12-15, Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
2 Cor. 5:9-11, Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men.
1 Peter 4:17-18, For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?