As a man who was raised a Catholic, Phil loves Catholic people. The issues raised are not about Catholic people, but about Roman Catholic doctrine. In love, Phil examines the positions of the Roman Catholic Doctrines of:
- The doctrine found in the Official Catechism of the Catholic church that says Catholics worship the same God the Muslims do!
- Salvation According to Rome
- The claim that the Pope is infallible on matters of faith and morals
- The doctrine that a Catholic priest has the authority to forgive sin
- The existence (or non-existence) of Purgatory
- The idea that Mary is the Co-Redemtrix along with Jesus
- Where Rome gets the authority to pronounce you “anathema” (damn your soul to hell) if you disagree with its more than 100 cannons and decrees (which read like complicated and often contradictory legal documents).
- The doctrine of transubstantiation, (the idea that the bread and wine literally become the body and blood of Jesus) and much more.
Find out how much more in this absolutely fascinating 4 part series.